Cecilia and Scott at the Youlgreave gathering 2008.
A Work in Progress
-
I am still in the land of the living, t has just been to hot to sit inside
and work through my holiday photos. We have been out for lunches and found
a new...
2 hours ago
6 comments:
Ah, yes, I see what you mean. A wee bit shrill! My dog jumped out of her skin when it started up! I'm not sure their choice of tune helps as it is very repetative. I wonder if this is really what old Dad was thinking of? I'm inclined to believe it was a hand-turned organ, but an upright one and not one held on the lap....
Kath, A lot of people get mixed up with hand turned instruments.
What you see here is a Hurdy Gurdy.
Portable Barrel Organs wrongly get called H-G's and the same goes for Barrel Pianos.
You have given me an idea for another post now!
Bernard.
Talking of lap-held instruments, I met a bow-saltrey at Towersey village festival years ago and that had a nice sound, not on it's own maybe, but as part of a small band, it was fabulous.Kath
It's funny you should mention Towersey...in five minuets I'm just off that way. Off to Thame to the farmer's market. Do you go? Wouldn't it be strange to 'bump' into each other in the market. Ah, but would you recognise me without the sun-glasses, organ and umbrella?
Bernard
I'd be very dissapointed if I discovered you didn't always dress that way! :) K
Sorry, no, I get funny looks in Waitrose!
Post a Comment