The Lennon Sisters version of "A BUSHEL AND A PECK" From the Musical "Guys And Dolls" (Frank Loesser)
There were other versions by :-
Perry Como & Betty Hutton - 1950
Margaret Whiting & Jimmy Wakely - 1950
Doris Day - 1950 version here:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNjv1WDGxt8&feature=related
The Andrews Sisters - 1953
Johnny Desmond - 1953
Vivian Blaine - 1953
.
3 comments:
Thanks, Bernard! Folks . . Bernard dug all this info. out in response to a query I put on his other blog. A rare treasure, Bernard is!
I love old western songs too. Do you know "A Daisy A Day"? I hear you want to move to the country, anyone can you know, even you. Come see how we do it! Peace
Hi Rose,
Nice of you to drop in. I'm sorry I missed your comment over here. This is not my main blog as you probably know. I can see you have been reading Jan's blog and my comments there. Yes, I would love to retire into the countryside, but people keep saying "Stay where you are, you need to be near shops, doctors etc".
Still wishing.
Cheers......Bernard
Post a Comment