The Polka, is one my favourite types of dance. Not that I dance it, but because it fits in so well with the organ. The organ is always at its best with fast moving tunes. A Polka always fits the bill.
I have arranged dozens so far and they always play well. Slow waltzes and Old Fashioned waltzes on the other hand, although nice in themselves, can seem to 'drag' a bit on long sustained notes.
After Polkas, I would go for a good rousing march any day.
.
3 comments:
Not dance it? Awww, go on, go on, go on! It's easy to learn.
Cute monkey. As your blog is called "The Organ Grinder's Monkey", is that you? You are very clever, even for a primate.
Ooops! Forgot to put lots of these :) :) :) :) :) :) to show I didn't reeeeaaaally think you were the monkey.
Hi Foody:
I missed your comment over here.
Sorry. No, I am not the monkey.
I arrange the music and turn the handle.
The Monkey writes the blog!
:)
Post a Comment