Friday, 11 June 2010

A Duet and a Hug

.
Just browsing around on my days off and found a couple of interesting videos on YouTube.
.

.
This is a duet video of Ted cranking his Raffin 20/40 organ, and Jonathan cranking a Raffin 20/78 owned by Dave Mahr. This was taken at the COAA organ rally held in Rossville, Georgia at Lake Winnepesaukah in May of 2010. (Lake Winnie)

Playing a fast tune like this and keeping together is quite difficult.
I think they made a good job of it.

And this next one is for Jan in California, who tells me, she is always willing to have a hug.
.

5 comments:

Francien said...

Oh thats a great video Uncle B. and what a great sound...love it...and i would be up for a free hug anytime!! Its kind of sad that people have to ask for it...some don`t know what to do with friendly people anymore seems like they always think something bad is going to happen when you smile at them...funny world...
greetings Francien.

Bernard said...

Hi Francien,
Sorry I didn't spot your comment here from Saturday. I was out Sunday playing my friends organ at a rally.
I have been trying myself to take videos of my friends playing their organs but am not having much success. :(
It was Jan in California who said that she never says "No" to a big hug, so I thought she may like this.

((((Hugs))) Unc. Bernard

Jinksy said...

Count me in for a hug at any time, any place! So glad I was directed to this post; love the music and the video.
Anyone talking the language of fourths,fifths, major and minor, deserves a hug, for those are my favourite kind of sounds... I sang barbershop for years!

Doctor FTSE said...

Yes, Francien, you're so right. I used to tell our overseas students to be careful not to smile at UK citizens whom they haven't been introduced to. They could end up on a charge for some kind of harassment!

Great clip, Uncle B. Thanks.

Bernard said...

Good Heavens! Two more lovely comments - and a special welcome to Jinksy. (I've already welcomed my old friend the Doc.) :)
I also talk in thirds and octaves, Jinksy, but try to avoid consecutive
fifths and octaves when arranging!
I have never heard of lady Barber Shop singing before - but I'm all for it. Sounds fun. :)

Hi Doc,
I too thought it was fun. I wonder if Jan has noticed it?
I have never minded giving/having a hug.....what I'm not over-keen on is all this 'cheek kissing'.
If your going to kiss someone you might as well as do it properly! ;)
(of the opposite sex in my case)