Saturday, 29 December 2012

Hope it stops Raining.

.
Thought you might like to see
around Bourne End today?

.
Thames Path at Spade Oak ferry





Not much dry land - Spade Oak

Don't think I'll walk to Marlow today.

Don't think I'll walk to Bourne End either!


No chance of a Picnic here - Bourne End Marina.

However, the Postman carried on.
.

Hope you're all warm and dry?

7 comments:

annettesblog said...

goodness me, mind you geoff and I went to Oxford last week to see the family and you couldn't see the fields, like your picture they were flooded.
Why aren't we ready for this weather? its not like it hasn't happened before.

MrsS said...

Looking at your photos of Bourne End today bring me out in sympathy with the residents. Gosh! How awful. I'd much rather have seen it with the sun shining, or even a light Christmassy flurry of snow for everyone to enjoy. xx

CherryPie said...

That is an alarming amount of water!!

But if it was a little colder it doesn't bear thinking about the amount of snow that would have been...

Bernard said...

Hi Annette.
And to think earlier this year we had a hosepipe ban!
I tried to send you an email before Christmas - and it came back - address not known!
You seem to have a different blogname as well? I left a comment on your blog for you also.
Anyway - Happy New Year to you both.
Cheers....B

Hi Mrs. S.
Now don't mention snow! I think I'd rather have rain. We might be wet, but at least we aren't cold. :(
I'll pop up north in a minute and read your news.
Cheers....B

Morning CherryP.
The Thames goes back miles upstream and so we get loads of water here from hundreds of square miles of land. The River Thame and the River Isis all join the Thames and it all adds up.
I don't like to think of snow. :(
Cold, wet, slippery stuff!
Take care, cheers....B

Sage said...

Bernard, it is very wet all over, but the only wet you'll need tonight is the glass of something cheering to celebrate the passing of the old year and welcoming the new... All the very best love Sage xx

Helsie said...

It must be so awful to have floods in the cold weather. Hopw too many houses weren't involved.

Bernard said...

Hello Sage,
Yes, no-one seems to have escaped all this rain.
Now - "A glass of something".
Well, yes I made quite a dent in a bottle of Italian Red!
Cheers....B xx

Good Morning Helsie.
The houses themselves escaped flooding, as all houses near the River are built on raised platforms.
What the water does do though is cut people off and ruin their gardens.
Cheers.....B.