
This little piece was written in 1932 and it always springs to mind when I hear people refer to the goverment as "re-arranging the deck-chairs on the Titanic". I wonder why ?
When I was a lad my father used to sing it me and my brothers and I guess that is why it has stuck in my memory.
I am always on the lookout for old sheet music and I came upon this copy a couple of years ago in the local flea-market.
It is a Comedy Foxtrot and it plays well on my 26 note Organ........The words...Oh yes..
"I'll tell the tale of the Nancy Lee,
The ship that got ship-wreck'd at sea,
The bravest man was Captain Brown,
For he played his Ukulele as the ship went down;"
"All the crew were in despair,
Some rush'd here and others rush'd there,
But the Captain sat in the Captain's chair,
And he played his Ukulele as the ship went down:"
There are at least another twelve verses, each from a different member of the crew.....
...I think it is probably best to spare you all those.
No comments:
Post a Comment