Thursday, 29 January 2009

Kipper's Dickie

Quite a few people have asked me why "Kipper's Dickie".
Well, twenty years ago, as an engineer, I worked for Plessey. The site where I worked had a post-room staffed by two lovely ladies who's job it was to collect and deliver all the mail.
In addition to this they were a never ending source of news, scandal, gossip, rumour, tittle-tattle etc....They were the first to know about most of the "going's on" on and around the site. I am not suggesting that they "steamed" open letters, but this was the first place to go to get the latest on "so and so" or about "such and such".
"One of these days, you'll get into trouble for spreading rumours like that" I said.
"I don't care" she said.
"I don't care a Kipper's Dickie".
So now you know.....

1 comment:

Sue said...

My mum used to say "I couldn't give a monkey's doodah!"