Saturday, 27 June 2009

Rosie's Winning Organ

.
Rosie won a prize for this fantastic version of the John Smith 20 note Busker organ.
.

I've put it up here because of several requests to see the finished organ.
Of course the organ 'innards' are built to a standard design, but the front....or to give it, it's correct name, proscenium!....is left to the whim of the builder. I think you'll agree, this a very original design.
.

5 comments:

deb said...

Quite unexpected and exquisite!

Bernard said...

It is.
I think she made the front in plaster first and then from a mould made the finished front in fibre-glass.

deb said...

That would make sense. My ex worked in polyester (fiberglas) and bronze (sculptor). Depending on the molding material, plaster scrim mold (waste) or latex (reusable) this would have interesting possibilities.

Roseanne said...

I sculpted it in clay, then moulded it in silicon, then caste it in fibre glass. Glad you like it. =)

Bernard said...

Thanks Rose, I wasn't quite sure how it was done.