.
This is how I 'locked' the organ in place to stop it sliding backwards in the car.
After the organ is in, they swing round and a pin is dropped into place.
Next ... I had a think about how I would stop the trolley rolling around in the back.
The trolley has two wheels and a single leg. Therefore two strips on either side of the wheel rim would stop forward/backward movement in the car. These strips are not fixed down, if they were they would make sliding the organ in, impossible, so they have small locating pins which fit into the holes on the board and are removable.
Then to stop any side movement across the car.....a little recess for the leg to sit in.
Of course I will use a few straps to stop it jumping around on these 'pothole' roads that we find everywhere.

.
Problem solved........now to try it out.
.
2 comments:
Very skilful. On a less elaborate scale, I always like to look at what various cellists use to stop their pins sliding forward.
And ....what DO they use?
We used to call them 'spikes' and they were sharp and left a mark on the floor....so I expect with all these expensive wood-block floors, they have been banned!!
Rubber suckers? Magnetic strips?
the mind boggles......
Post a Comment