A clown has been told he cannot wear his giant comedy shoes due to "Elf 'n Safety".
He was told by management he could no longer wear the size-18 shoes because they compromised his health and safety
His routine includes dressing himself whilst walking on a wire, dress himself within a hoop of fire, and playing a drum-kit, trumpet and double-bass all at the same time.
But he is now worried performing in his regular sized footwear will lose impact on the audience.
Mr Kashkin, 40, from Temruk, Russia, said: "The shoes are an important part of my costume, and I was disappointed to be told I couldn't do this part of my act.
Will they never leave us alone? I would have thought that the whole point of Circuses is to entertain by 'death defying' acts. If everything is wrapped up in cotton-wool there will be no excitement and people will just stop going.
Still on the subject of shoes......
I came across this.
It appears that if you want to be one up on your fellow men, you need to be seen wearing a pair of Berluti shoes.
A pair of theses of these shoes will set you back £770.
Like all Berluti shoes, the style is distinguished by its lightweight elegance and by the quality of the last, which is shaped in such a way as to make the shoes instantly comfortable. And these days you don’t have to go to Paris to buy a pair — Berluti has a London store at 43 Conduit Street in the West End.
2 comments:
Well how utterly ridiculous. That is awful abou the shoes. But they can't stop him going ahead and wearing them, can he? Or has his insurance company got wind of it and said they won't insure him against tripping. Things really have gone too far.
I think it all comes down to insurance.
For instance, if I had taken my organ to Swindon Museum last Saturday, they would not have let me play....I have no Public Liability Cover. If I want to play to the public at an event, I need to have cover to the tune of £5,000,000. I can play on the street uninsured, but I run the risk of injuring someone and being sued. People on the street with umbrellas can do more damage than I could with my organ!!!!!
Post a Comment