Thursday, 26 March 2009

Unable to recognise a fat pet ???


Research shows only a third of cat owners who thought their pet was overweight believed they could do "a lot" about its weight, with most saying they could personally do little or nothing about the problem.
Many owners admitted feeding their pets too many treats, and agreed that a lack of exercise contributed to their pet's weight problem.
One in 10 admitted overfeeding their pets at mealtimes.
Chief executive of the Pet Food Manufacturers' Association Michael Bellingham said: 
"The figures are alarming and the problem won't go away without a fundamental shift in owners' attitude to feeding their pets. It is also worrying that most owners are not aware of the problem, because they are unable to recognise a fat pet in the first place.



I think I can recognise a fat cat when I see one!  Thankfully this is not one of mine. I believe it is an Italian Moggie, obviously been eating too much  gnocchetti sardi.

The research was carried out on behalf of the Pet Food Manufacturers' Association in March 2009 and surveyed 2,126 UK households.

No comments: