Now here's a sight to "warm" you up on a cold March morning.I don't know what it is but when I see pictures like this or hear the organ sounds playing, I can smell, new mown grass and hay.......hot oily steam engines.....and unfortunatly greasy hot-dogs.
Roll on those lazy, hazy crazy days of summer.
The year before last was a bad year for steam rallies as the wet summer meant so many were cancelled due to soft ground.
Last year was a bit better and I managed to get round to quite a few.
What will the summer of 2009 be like?
PS. The Organ in the picture is a Limonaire in the centre of a magnificent set of Gallopers.
3 comments:
Hello, Kippers. It's Foody here from Singing Chicken. You've been on my blog - well I think it's you.
I like the big chicken in the photo.
I'm glad to see you are a retired musocal engineer. I recently bought an autoharp on a whim and found I couldn't get strings for it until Feb. When I get round to buying them I might need some advice about which string goes on which peg. I am confident I will be able to play it as I've taught myself a few before but if I buy a set of whatever number strings I don't know how to be sure they are the right pitch of strings for my instrument. I'll be getting them from a Tony Dixon and will obviously get his advice before buying to make sure they're right but I might ask you if I need further assistance.
I've gone and said I'm Foody from Singing Chicken. Wonder if I should have done that. Well, if I do want more people on my blog....
Hi Foody, (or how about Foodie?
My spell checker underlines Foody every-time in red)
Yes, it is me, nice of you to drop in. Actually I nearly missed finding you comment, because unless you scroll down ALL your postings every day they get overlooked .
There must be an easier way?
I too, am restoring a "Piano Harp" and looking for strings.
However when you get your set, I'm sure they will be labelled. If not lay them out on a table and sort them by length.
Cheers.....Bernard
PS Go on ...reveal you first name.
Hi Foody,
Have a peep at my post on Wed 11 Feb. There is a Pantomime Song about diets.
Post a Comment