Monday, 30 March 2009

"To Q or not to Q"

Over a year, the average British person queues for more than 67 hours – or almost three days.
 
In total, we spend 169 hours during the average adult lifetime – the equivalent of five months, two weeks and five days.
The average adult wastes five hours and 35 minutes queuing each month, with standing in line at the supermarket taking up the biggest amount of time.

A poll of 3,000 Britons revealed the biggest amount of time spent queuing is to pay for the weekly shop, accounting for almost 53 minutes each month.
A further 33 minutes is spent waiting to pay for non-supermarket items and we queue at the bank or post office for up to 27 minutes each month, and even queuing at cash machines wastes almost 25 minutes.

Some even end up going home empty-handed. A total of 88 per cent of people admitted they have given up and left after queuing for something for a long time

2 comments:

Annette said...

I know........ I serve them!!

Bernard said...

I thought you'd like this little snippet.