
I noticed last week that Asda is to start marketing towards Britain's ageing population by selling walking sticks (and other mobility aids).
Spokesman Dermot McLaughlin said: “It is about time the things that make life easier are easier to buy."
The very products that are created to make life easier for people have been cursed by a strange irony - they are unnecessarily difficult to access.
"They should be easily available to customers, but the existing government system can be slow and restrictive."
The range will initially be sold in 75 Asda stores after Easter, before being rolled out nationwide if it proves popular.
A bit difficult to find ‘mobility aid’ music.....but how about this?
Published in 1931 to promote "The National League of Hikers" and organised by the Daily Herald.
Do you remember the Herald? ......I used to deliver it as a paper-boy, 55 years ago!
2 comments:
Yes, we heard about this, and you are so right, they are so hard to find.
Geoff, my hubby, needs one occasionally if we do a lot of walking, well, could we find one?
NO.
We walked miles once(that was ironic, wasn't it?) and found one in a market.
Why don't shops sell them?
I'm sure there are many people who need them.
Very true Annette.
I have seen them at Thame market and some large departmental stores stock them where they sell the 'Handbags & Gloves'
Post a Comment