Friday, 24 April 2009

"Bits and Bobs"


At the Orwell prize presentations, the blog prize went to the Nightjack blog. He's a real life police detective and writes an excellent blog about police matters, although he often strays wider than that. 
Nightjack is easily the best blog I read when it comes to knowledge of subject matter, lack of ego and really interesting posts. A worthy winner.
Because he writes anonymously, he couldn't be there to receive his award but congratulations anyway.

On a light-hearted police theme……

            The local P.C. from Asuncion,
       Attempted to swallow his truncheon;
        When they asked, “Are you mad?”
             He said, “No, but I’ve had
      Far too much beer with my luncheon !”


    An old Bobby from near Clapham Junction,
     Whose organ had long ceased to function,
                  Deceived his good wife
                  For the rest of her life
    With the aid of his Constable’s truncheon !

Gosh......I hope this doesn't get me on the DNA database !

No comments: