I ventured out with a boy last night,
Who I thought that I could trust
But as we walked home, he said with a groan,
I must kiss your lips or bust!
I couldn’t think what to say or do
To preserve my maidenly vows -
So I said “Let’s make it the lips tonight
‘Cos I’m wearing a high-necked blouse!”
The picture is from my collection of Victorian sheet music.
The 'music covers' a hundred years ago were very well presented.
The Victorians always seemed to do everything so well, unlike today where everything is governed by economics.
They were, however, not cheap to buy....most are marked up at 2/- or even 2/6d....not a small amount for a Victorian household.
This one however comes from my 'Blue book'.
Every time Lady Lowbodice swoons,
Her boobies pop out like balloons;
But her butler stands by
With hauteur in his eye
And lifts them back in with warm spoons !
2 comments:
No musical talent I'm afraid but i have got a rather nice wind up gramaphone amongst my treasures.
Enjoyed your blog. Will be back.
You are very welcome to join in the fun Ken. It's a mixed bag at the moment....it just developed as I went along..No musical qualification needed.
Cheers....Bernard
Post a Comment